Sunday 18 October 2009

GFS 25th Anniversary

Yesterday we had the 25th anniversary celebration for Grace Family Sanctuary Banting. The celebration was held at Jugra Hall, and Sunday service was shifted to Saturday evening for a combined service for all 4 languages. It's a massive scale meeting and the worship team came out in such a full force. The best of them were up on stage and the sound was especially crisp. It felt for a moment as if I was in a mini mega-church for a moment with the booming sound and lights..haha. We had various performances from the different language congregations and this was followed by a message. It was great to see Pastor Long back at Banting because it's been 10 months since we last heard him speak! The anniversary celebration rounded off with a wonderful dinner and some really crazy photoshoot sessions..haha.

I wanna take this opportunity to also reflect on the time I have spent at GFS, considering that I have been attending there every Sunday for more than 1 year already. Indeed, I'm being blessed in many ways at GFS. The first time I went there, I didn't really consider changing because somehow I felt at home there. I had the opportunity to serve at the worship team and also fellowship and learn with many other brothers-and-sisters in Christ. Pastor Long and Pastor Vic have both been a sort of church-father figure to us and I'm thankful to know them personally in my life. It never fails to intrigue me that graduated students working in KL and other places like Grace, Kevin, Hin Loong, Jonazan and Gerald that they would still return back to GFS for Sunday service eventhough there are bigger churches in KL itself. For those of us uni students who are willing to go there every Sunday despite the 30-45 minute trip, it speaks volume that many of us also felt the attachment to GFS.

I think many of us who went there regularly will continue remember that little church at Banting town although we may be at other places. GFS may be small in size but it certainly has faith-like gigantic dreams. The amount of students that has pass through the place in the past and being touched by its ministry is countless. I pray that many more students will be blessed through this way in the future and may the Lord add another 25 years of blessing to GFS :)

No comments: