Wednesday 5 August 2009

No exams but occupied

I can't believe I'm locked out of youtube and blogger for the past two days at my campus. But since it's back online, time to write something which was supposed to be up a few days ago..haha. Last Friday, went to lepak at Mid-Valley with Jason, Reuben and Samuel. Carl's Junior is not too be missed of course since its ages since I had one. Ahhhh..the taste of those freshly cut fries is still in my mind now..yum yum. One of the main purposes of going there is actually to spend my RM50 MPH book vouchers which I had won at the Perdana Leadership Foundation essay competition. As a result of the jam outside Bangsar and makan time, I only had like around 30 minutes to make a choice and it's not easy to decide what to spend on. On the previous year, I spent my RM50 vouchers on the 50th anniversary Malaysian event archives.

At first, I thought of spending it on those law shortcut books for slackers like me. However, couldn't find any year 2 subjects there. Then, I thought of any worthy graphic novel but all those that were selling there were marvel and DC stuff, not like those done by Alan Moore. Marvel and DC are technically classified more as comics rather than graphic novels. I love those Marvel and DC comics too but I wanna get something that is standalone. I moved on to my third choice, which is my beloved History section. I thought of getting another historical account book but I hesitated because there are still tons that I had not read finished yet. And right at that moment, I remembered the type of books that are definitely worth the buy - hardcover, pictorial and photographic books either on the Cold War or World War II! Yes..these books are currently lacking in my collection - photographic archives of modern world history. I browsed through quickly and finally found one nice treasure - A photographic book on World War II, both civilian and military shots by the war photographers of the Daily Mail newspaper in the UK. I came at the right to get it because there was a storewide 10% discount at MPH for the weekend..hehe. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my purchase..wheeee :)

Anyways, Semester 4 is coming to an end. The honeymoon semester is coming to an end soon but this does not mean that I won't have anything to do. Magazine, presentation, drafting and Moral MPW are stuff that are occupying me busy for this last week even though I'm not sitting for any final exams. Tomorrow's a killer assesment day with GP presentation and drafting assessment. After tomorrow, I really have to get down in studying for my moral exams because I've not touched a single thing there at all. I passed already with the coursework marks but I aim to score to higher for that exam since I have nothing on for this semester. Uhhh..the thought of cramming one whole book into my brains within 2 days is just staggering even for last-minute peeps like me. Immediately after exams on Saturday, there is no res because I'll have to go for practice at church since I have to serve this Sunday. I hope I don't explode at the end of the week because I still have a magazine to publish on the next week. [Rantings and Complaints mode done]

On a brigher note, it's a good semester break and holidays to look forward to - time to catch up on my games and movies. There's also the Inti Subang ICF camp at Port Dickson too. Looking forward to have fellowship and meet new people there. =p Hmmm..I think I'll stay at campus until the camp starts. Well, it's good to make some plans on what to do during that period of time soon.

No comments: