Saturday 29 August 2009

Committee Retreat Seremban

After the camp on Friday, Reuben, Jon and me drove down to Johor. We dropped off Jon at Ayer Hitam for his parents to pick him up and then the remaining two of us continued on to JB. I went down at the checkpoint to head to visit Mama in Singapore while Reubs drove my car to his house for safekeeping. Around one week later, at the 27th, I went to meet Reuben at JB and we both drove to Lynne's house in Seremban. Reuben helped me to change some new wheels and tweaked the accelerator, so my car now doesn't shake even at 130km or 140km. Haha..our returning journey was filled with lol laughs particularly at one section. I was slowing down from high speed at one bend and switched lanes to the left because I saw an approaching car. To my surprise, we bumped onto a police car that was moving along the left lane as I slowed down. The BMW that was behind me was already bursting in speed and when moved to the left, it overtook me. The polis in front was trying to wave his hands in attempt to stop the BMW for speeding but I don't think that really works..haha. The polis gave chase afterthat but I'm not sure if the Proton Waja/Perdana can catch up with BMW! =p

We reached Lynne's house in the evening in the rain and we proceeded on to have steamboat buffet outside! My stomach was not feeling that well at that time, so I was not eating at full capacity as I should. Reubs definitely made the shop suffer a loss given the amount he was eating..lol. There was suppose to be a discussion session after dinner but we were too sleepy and tired by the time we went back. My first night sleeping at the hall was filled with merciless mosquito bites since I forgot to put a blanket over myself.

On the next morning, there was devotion time followed by breakfast and then our discussion time. Time flies as we discussed all the way till 3pm before making a move to go out to makan lunch. We wanted to have a second helping of the infamous Seremban pork burger (codenamed Porky Explode) but unfortunately, it was closed! We settled by eating at one of the kopitiams and then we ate waffles at A&W too..haha. Another session commences after that and dinner was a lil special than usual since we are having homecooked "Soh Mee" which according to mummy Lynne was a Xinghua Hokkien delicacy. The noodles were awesome with all the ingredients like red mushroom and freshly fried ikan bilis. We had one more short session before deciding to call it a day. The rest of the night was spent watching really lame and funny youtube videos, like the Japanese English class! haha..

The funny lame videos session continued from day 2 after our final discussions in the morning discussions on day 3. We had a second shot to get porky explode for lunch on day 3 and we managed to! I think all of us can die as happy people now..haha.

It was altogether a wonderful time of bonding for the committee members and we do learn many new things about each other. Great times and great laughter..haha. We pray that we will be able to continue to uplift and glorify His name and bring CF to greater heights.

No comments: