Sunday 5 July 2009

Inti Ball 2009

Yesterday's Intiball was fantastic. But let's recount back what happened on Friday. It was a pretty packed weekend. After CG on Friday, the whole lot of us went to Macs to have lunch after a few weeks of having food at the cafeteria. Then at 4pm, I went to have a look at the JPA orientation, hanged out and chatted with friends. I only had an hour's rest before I had to make my way out again. A whole bunch of us actually planned to watched Transformers at Putrajaya after dinner there. However, by the time we reached Alamanda, the tickets were sold out for the 8.30 pm show and even the 12am show was gone. Since we were there already, we might as well watch something and we decided upon Ice Age 3 where the only timeslot was 12am. Apparently, the 9.30 pm slot was full for that show. (which meant that lots of kids were there) Lol..I can't believe that we stayed up all the way to 12am just to watch Ice Age..zzzzz..

On the next day, which is Intiball day, there was a workshop at church and unfortunately, I woke up later than the agreed time at 9am. Uhhmmm..I hope Maddie and Lerdie didn't wait too long for me to get down. But anyways we managed to reach in time for the workshop..haha. By the time we finish makan lunch etc, I managed to reach back at campus at around 3pm or so. So many things to prepare, but thankfully, guys need not prepare as much for girls for prom. Just slip onto a black suit, and voila, it's done! Since we didn't book the Inti bus on time, Jason drove us to the venue. We had to do some car following before reaching our destination.

Legend hotel looks neat. I feel lke a VIP in my black suit when I walked down the walkways..haha. I thought that the entire ballroom was very well decorated. Our table had 7 people and that was me, Maddie, Jessica, Lynne, Yuen Chern, Jason and Erwin. Anyways, the ball started off with some performances first. It was quite some time before we were allowed to eat from the buffet line. When the signal was given clear, I hastily walked over to take the food before the large crowd descended upon it. Well, it does help to have a table that is placed near the buffet line..lol. I was very hungry by then and I was quite pleased with the selection of food that had over there. There's pasta there too and I find them to taste better than the ones at Law Nite. In addition to that, there's lasagna, sliced fish in creamy sauce and the chinese 'kong po' chicken. Ohh, it's nice to see that there's fresh brocolli there with butter and they're one of my favourite veggies to nibble at. The soup was great too and it tasted superb with the bread dipped inside. The ballroom staff's service was kinda good, because they serve the all the folks the soup, made the napkins for them and the refills came in quite frequent in the beginning. However, they stopped with the refills later when they should continue. And I thought that they cleared the buffet lines too early..hahaha. They should have left the food there and wait until the event is over first before clearing it up.

The finale performance was by Erwin's band, funkonexion which included Julian as the lead guitarist and Calvin as the drummer. Haha..that was a superb performance of many songs and that's a gathering of all the powerhouses of music that one can find in the campus. Lol..at one of the songs, the dancefloor crowd actually went on stage and rock on alongside the musicians and our whole CF table went to crowd around Erwin. I enjoyed the night overall and had a great time 'cam-whoring' with the CF table..haha. I'm just annoyed with myself a little on my camera battery because it didn't charge properly when it should. The result was that I only managed to take a handful of pictures before I had to depend on Jason's camera for pics..haha.

After all the DJing dancefloor and stuff, we went to take a table group pro shot. It was kinda tiring by the time we got the car and we reached back at campus at around 1am. Mhmmm..I won't mind going again for the one next year provided that I have people that I know going there.

2 comments:

Behind the Closet said...

haha... it sounds fun~

soo jin said...

iss ish ! someone did said something last year.. *hoho* remmmeeemmmmbeerrr?