Friday 12 June 2009

Time Wasting Intervals

Let's recall back what happened last weekend. I would call it, a weekend of time wasting intervals. Yup, I decided to make a trip down south to Singapore to visit my mother. Other than that, it's a great time to meet up with my A' Levels buddies TG and Sandeep. It's been a long time and the last time we met was around Jan/Feb if I'm not mistaken. I left campus on Friday at around 4pm and when I reached KTM Nilai, I found out that the entire station is clogged up. Only one track is working and so, trains will now arrive at half the speed when it's already bad enough as it is. Oh, the joy of the Malaysian public transport system..lol. Two Rawang/KL bound train came and still the Seremban train was not there. It was nearly an hour I was stuck at Nilai KTM before the Seremban train came.

At the bus terminal, I couldn't get the tickets for the nearest timeslot, that is 6.30pm. The only timeslot on sale was 9.30pm. I bought it anyways seeing that there are no other timeslots in view but it seemed that I'm just heading for trouble and courting the possiblity of getting stuck at Larkin in the early morning hours. But then I heard from the counter fella telling a group of students to board the bus if there are empty spaces. So, I also thought of asking the 6.30pm driver whether he can let me into the bus if there are empty spaces. It was tight but in the end, thank God, I managed to get a seat. Whew! This spares me the agony of the 9.30 bus. Hmmmm..interestingly, I bumped onto 2 students from the Law School who were heading to Johor too and I had company to talk to for the trip. =p

I reached down south at about 11pm plus. It was tiring and I did not had dinner but thankfully, Mama bought some sushi and sashimi for me to munch on..haha. Rest up and the next day, I went to Dhoby Ghaut MRT to meet up with TG and Sandeep. We had lunch at Carl's Junior before going to the cybercafe for L4D session with Xiaoyan and Annabel. We had a 3 v 2 match. Hmmm..I forgot the pathway of some of the maps and as a result, ended up running in circles..lol. For our second game, the two teams ended up cancelling each other at every stage, and in the end, XY and Annabel won by a razor thin margin of 14 points! Haha..they had to leave early and then me and TG went to lepak around Orchard Road. I managed to get a new set of drumsticks plus some shorcut law books. I round off my Saturday with sirloin steak dinner at Somerset Botak Jones. I still think that the AMK one taste better.

I planned to go back on Sunday early morning actually, but then I wanna wait till afternoon to get a copy of the new Che Guevera movie. Since it's holiday season for the regular schools, Mama went back together with me since she wanna fetch my grandmother from my aunt's place in Klang. We left the house at about 12pm, and all was smooth until the bus was stuck at the Causeway by a massive jam leading to the Malaysian side. Ugghhhh..the lack of a separate bus lane meant that the bus is screwed together with all the other cars. After 1hr being stuck, we've finally reached the Malaysian immigration. When we reached Larkin, we found out that there's only tickets available for KL for the 2.30pm slot and the next bus for Seremban leaves at 6.30pm. So, we picked the KL tickets and I knew that lots of time will be wasted in travelling back from KL to Nilai, and I shudder the time taken using the KTM again.

It was another of getting stuck moment as there was a crazy jam at the Seremban-Nilai stretch of the highway. Ahhh..this is getting frustrating. The bus driver got so desperate that he started to cruise through using the emergency lane. It was 7.30pm by the time we reached Pudu and we headed straight to KL Sentral to consider how we can get to Nilai. At first was thinking of taking the KLIA express train but when we found out how expensive that was, we just ended up taking a straight taxi ride from there to Nilai. It was 9pm when we reached campus and I quickly get my car keys and off we went to Klang to stay overnight at my aunt's place. Grrrr..dinner was missed again as all the shops were closed around by the time we reached Klang.

I woke up real early on Monday as there's class at 10am for me. I drove Mama and my grandmother to Nilai KTM station first before heading back to my campus, just in time for the class. Whew! That concludes my really really time wasting weekend of travelling around. Lots of waiting, lots of pondering, lots of frustration. I bet I could recycle to wasted time travelling for something more productive. But aye, at least I spend a big portion of the waiting time finishing up my 1984 George Orwell novel.

No comments: