Wednesday 17 June 2009

Awards!

I just really wanna thank God for the recent accolades that I've gotten. There were two this week, first one was expected and I was anticipating for the academic award ceremony since the beginning of this month. The second was kinda a surprise phone call from Perdana Leadership Foundation, where I got to know that I've managed to get a consolation prize for the essay I've written last year. Apparently, the prize-giving ceremony was already held on the 3rd. They tried to inform me through letter but since my address was directed to the now vacant Taiping address, nobody had knowledge of it until the Pos Laju bounced back the cert+prize that they were trying to send. Anyways, I've won myself a neat sum of RM50 of MPH vouchers..hehe :)

Anyways, today was nearly a disaster after waking up late and today's 8am class is definitely one I WON'T wanna be late. I stayed up late till 3 am the previous night to settle up some event proposal and magazine matters. I couldn't wake up with double alarm, and it fact, I slept through the alarm until I felt some sunshine on my face. Uggghhh..I shan't take the risk of sleeping late on Tuesday again or else I'll end up feeling the wrath of a thousand thunders and hailstorms falling upon me. Or in other words, "liaaaooooo". As usual, whenever I'm running late for class, I'll just hop onto an automobile and drive off to class instead of manually walking there. I got what Joann meant when she said about learning to walk to class. It's hard to resist the temptation when we have wheels instead of legs hmmm..haha. xD

It was a hectic round of schedule for me after the regular classes in the morning. For starters, I didn't iron my shirt yet and since I lost my black pants (no idea where it vaporized to), I need to get it from Jason. It was nice of Mama to make a trip down to campus for the award-giving ceremony. She came quite early, so after my weekly nasi kandar session, I went to accompany her while waiting for the shirt to be ironed. Anyways, we managed to reach there on time. A few of my seniors also managed to get an award but it seems that they couldn't be there since they had went back to their hometowns.

The whole ceremony was kinda long because there's also graduation session for the foundation students. Woah...altogether there were a few hundred students who had their names being read out. There were two types of academic awards. President's List and Excellence Award for those getting 4.0 GPA or average 80 marks for their finals. Dean's List and Merit Award for those getting 3.5 GPA or average 70 marks for their finals. Haha..I made it to the second category =p. I think Law students will appreciate the award since we only have our finals once every 3 semesters and this meant only 1 shot to try in one year.

I've figured out that I've been winning the "Carling Cups" or "FA Cups" and starting out small so far. I'm contented with my present position but perhaps it's time to push up the level by a higher notch and aim for the"Premier League" (President's List??..haha) and the ultimate prize of "Champions League"(1st class or some writer's award..lol). But at times, I would see it as a lil' complicated challenge since I need to accomodate it with my age-old philosophy of "minimum effort with maximum effect" and "don't study hard, study smart" concept. Sometimes, I'm juz feeling too slack to put in the extra effort and I always end up delaying and only doing things/studies at the last-minute. Like now, I'm closing my eyes to almost 3/4 of the lessons that I'm listening. If you ask me now, I have no idea what's happening in class. I tend to shut my mind if there's no exams around or any coursework. I'd rather be spending time doing my favourite hobbies, writing, daydreaming and rocking around with music. It's a feature that I've been doing that at every education level I'm in and I tend to put in some effort only when the exams are nearing. Hmmm..gotta change on that I guess if I ever wanna tap on my potential.

Okay...enough of self-reflection..haha. I wanna thank God once again for his blessings and I wouldn't have been able to do well in Year 1 finals if not for Him. All glory belongs to Him :)

No comments: