Sunday 3 May 2009

Committee Retreat Part 1

The holidays have been a period filled with lots of activities and it's gonna be ending soon. The ICF committee retreat just concluded yesterday and before I talked about it, I'll sum up a couple of stuff that I did after the camp. On Sunday, went to church as usual at GFS. Then on Monday, I flew to Singapore with Eric to visit Mama. Since the retreat itself was on Thursday, I could only stay for a short while until Wednesday. I couldn't meet TG or any other Sg folks this time round since it's the weekday and I'll be back in Malaysia even before the weekend comes. But I did took some effort to make full use of my time there. Like making sure I take advantage of the full Internet speed there..hahahaha.

Anyways, it's been some time since I cooked, so whenever I go to visit Mama, I always make sure I cook myself one big pot of pasta and clam chowder soup with generous helpings of mussels and mushroom to indulge myself. Good pasta are hard to get nowadays especially in areas like Nilai. Mhmmm..since I got some birthday money gift from mama, I went to get myself the Man Utd 3rd Kit with the Champions League badge and World Club champions badge. Gosh, it costs as much as a jersey with numbering there! Aikkkss..looks like I'll only do the numbering in Malaysia instead, if I can get a good price for it..haha.

The returning trip to Nilai was smooth. I got to Larkin just in time to catch the 2.30 pm which was about to leave the station. I reached Seremban at around 6 pm but the KTM train was delayed for an astounding time limit of 1hr! Oh well, when I reached Inti, there was still time to eat dinner and get some things done. So, I went to have a hair cut and colour job done. It's being a long time already since the last time I had a colour job was about more than a year ago. Actually, it's supposed to be done in December but with my grandfather sick at hospital and all the final exam preparations in the last sem, I didn't really have the mood to do it. Since now it's the slack-o period, it's an excellent time to get my hair the wacky style.

The next day, I made various preparations for the 3 days 2 nights retreat at the Bishop's house a.k.a. Jia Lerd's home in Bangsar. At first, it was planned to have 2 cars to go there, but later, it was decided that only one car will go with 4 people squeezing behind. I wasn't sure initially that all the barang-barang and things will fit inside but in the end, it did fit the boot nicely with some rearrangement. This was the first time I'm driving to KL roads and though its kinda daunting to think of it, I felt that I'm ready to give it a try. From what I remember about Bangsar from the last time when I was young, it has lots of slope. So, other than those pesky traffic, there's also slopes to deal with. The highway journey was smooth and we could find our way to the Mid-Valley area although I made a wrong turn at one section. It was in the Mid-Valley area that the cars started to sprawl around and concentration levels had to increase ten fold. There was also a jam from there to the Bangsar area. My left went numb trying to control the clutch plus it's jam at the slope area, which makes it tricky. Thank God there was no dead engine incidents..haha. With much difficulty, Jia Lerd finally recognizes some familiar landmarks and we managed to reach her house in the end..haha.

One of the first activities that we had awas a short icebreaking game called who stole the cookies from the cookie jar. Since we found some abandoned fries,we changed it to"Who stole the fries from the Bishop's plate". Lol..and the forfeit is actually the feeding of the other with fries with a video of it being taken. We took some rest chilling out around first before heading out to makan dinner. Bangsar parking is total madness! People are double parking everywhere, and I literally had to squeeze very closely in between of two cars when going up a sloppy lane. We had food at a mamak stall and even that kind of store is already so expensive. Uhhhh..I guess that's how it is in an expatriat or a rich man's area. Hmmm..I myself would have prefered to dine in some pasta shop since we're already spending so much already. After makan, we headed back to the house for some discussions until 12am.

No comments: