Sunday 17 May 2009

Busy bee

As you've noticed, some of the blog posts that are put up recently were posted late. That's coz I started it but never got to finish them to post them up on time. Many apologies for the delay in updates but I can't help it since currently I've been torpedoed on both sides, balancing between the jobs of being a secretary and a magazine editor. Being saying it lots of times already..haha..it's starting to get cliched but it's true! The secretary job is ok actually, but to mix it with the magazine editor job is just a potent disaster. I think I won't have any decent free time until it nicely published in mid/late July.

Anyways, recounting the whole week, it's generally a week of running around the uni to get proposals signed and lots of paperwork to do. It's also the exhibition week for all the clubs and societies, so it's also an important week for ICF to get new sign-ups and also for the old members to sign up again. Lots of administrative stuff to be done there. The exhibition week was shifted to the MPH this time. On one hand, the air-con and big space were appreciated but at the same time, the new intake of people won't be aware that they have to go to the MPH to sign up for clubs. The overall sign-ups for ICF are encouraging but are still less than previous semesters because of the change of venue. Friday was Fellowship Lunch and there were lots of mix-up and confusion initially. But eventually, we managed to pull it off and get the food ready on time. I myself felt encouraged too to see the amount of people attending the fellowship lunch. Hopefully, the number will be bigger for the opening ceremony and the number stays that way...ahahaha.

I played drums for worship in church for the Sunday and so there was practice on Saturday. It's been quite some time since I played drums for full Sunday service. There's a bit of rust here and there on the timing, but generally could pick back up the pace as practice goes on. We had a new praise song for the line-up from Planetshakers' new album, and gosh, it's 'rocky' with all the guitar solo and stuff. Joshua did very well on the electric guitars, and I like the pedal equipment that he brought along. After practice, we actually planned to give Hin Loong a birthday surprise by appearing at lunch in Italiennies. This was because he had the impression that we the students are going back while Grace, Kevin and Lizzy will celebrate with him instead. So, Kevin moved ahead first while I tail behind. I had to make sure I don't drive too close or Hin Loong would end up seeing us..haha. This is almost like one of the missions in GTA 3! Anyways, there was one section where I lost Kevin because of the traffic light. And all of us in my car had a great laugh when Kevin actually stop by at the road side to wait for us, and produced an excuse to stop his car by running out to buy drinks! On the second time that I lost him, I couldn't get him again, so I used my own instinct and knowledge in going to Mid-Valley. I did a few U-turns before managing to head onto the correct path towards the Federal Highway. I did reach Mid-Valley, but a wrong turning made me end up at the Bishop's house instead..zzzzz..lol.

We went to the Italiennies at the Gardens. I have always been looking forward to try out my first makan time at Italiennies because I've heard of the fantastic pasta that they've been cooking. We called giant pasta portions so that everyone can try different types of it. There's also the fried calamari and lasagna. Of all the dishes, I enjoyed Salmon Fettucine the best mostly because it's the only creamy pasta on the table!..haha. The bill came up to a massive RM350+, will everyone paying RM50 each. Bank busting, but I have to admit that the pasta was fantastic and I was so full that I need not eat dinner. I just had some drinks instead while watching the Man Utd vs. Arsenal match during dinner time..haha. Oh..btw, I managed to get Green Day's new album "21st Century Breakdown" at Mid-Valley! It was just released the day before on Friday. I've been eagerly anticipating for it for a very long time already, and I can't hide my delight when I got my paws on it. Actually, I've heard the entire album a couple of times already from some *ahem* sources..haha, but not in the high quality of 320kps that the CD could offer..lol. It was also doubly nice when I got a free Green Day shirt also to go along with the CD. Hmmm..the shirt should have been black though instead of the lime green but still, I'm grinning in getting a souvenier along with my purchase =D. Now, if only I can get a artwork poster of it..haha. I'll write a review of the album some time soon. =p

Sunday service today was good and I think it's one of the best serving time I ever had on stage. I have to really thank the Lord for giving me the inspiration and guidance in playing. After service, the whole lot of us went to the economical rice at Banting to chomp on our favourite pork dish there. Hmmm..looks like the start of the weekday is here again. First CF meeting will be on this Wednesday, and I'm praying that it'll be a great one :)

No comments: