Sunday 8 March 2009

Ops Gegar

Yesterday's Ops Gegar organised by FES was fantastic. We had a surprise guest speaker whom we've never expect to be there. Woah, it was indeed an honour to meet her in person. Her writings and thoughts have always been inspirational. I think one of her main statements is very true. She pointed out "There's no such thing as sensitive issue. Only a sensitive or insensitive approach." Overall, I think Ops Gegar is an excellent opportunity for us to be aware of the societal problems around us. Many of us have in a way grown so disgruntled that we spent most of the time grumbling rather taking time to heal the land we are living in. Instead of complaining, change must start from us and we should at least give thanks to God for where he has placed us. It was a long day there but a fruitful one indeed.

Since there's no school tomorrow, we went for another service at Acts Church which was located at the hotel beside the Summit at Subang. Lol, I drove to Subang Jaya for the first time! This means to say that in another landmark, Stan has arrived in his long lost home while driving an automobile for the very first time..haha. From my observations yesterday and today, I would say Subang has changed way lots since the last time I knew it 9 years ago. The shoplots in front of Taylors used to be pretty rundown and they have all those good old kopitiams. I remember that place has nothing much except that I used to take art classes there at one point of time. USJ was the modern place but not the Subang main town. Right now, they have Starbucks, Macs, Subway and countless number of other outlets there. Woah, seriously, one day after all these final exams are gone, I should really take the car there for a spin and rediscover back the old routes that are still shelved in my mind with places like, SRKSJ, somebody's tuition center, my former homes, and Taipan. That's gonna be so nostalgic.

I kinda enjoyed the Acts Church service and I think they have a very good hospitality and ushering team there. Not only that, the media team is fantastic and I find the weekly bulletins announcement rather impressive. Since it's the evening service, the whole place is filled mostly with youths and there's quite a big group coming from Inti actually. Anyways, the environment feels Subang Jaya-ish, if you know what I mean..haha. Lol, I get to know a few new people there and everyone got confused with the Jonathans, Alvins, Kelvin and a Melvin. It was nice of them to provide dinner too, so we didn't go back with empty stomaches..haha. I think it'll be great to visit there another time in the future..hehe =p

2 comments:

soo jin said...

muahaha somebody's tuition center..got what you meant ! =p

Stan said...

hahahaha =)