Sunday 18 January 2009

Transportman

Wahahaha..looks like I have officially join the list in GFS's transport ministry. Let's start off with what happened yesterday first. At around 8 am in the morning, I fetched Alvin and Li Lian for practice and it was my first time driving to Banting. The distance is obviously further than going around Nilai and even though the road is generally straight all the way, it's not that super easy considering that the road to there is filled with so many big lorries and giant tankers. So, there's lots of navigating and cutting lanes. And some of these lorries and even moving faster than cars and they can come out of nowhere at the right lane..haha. It gets irritating when I enter into Banting with a single lane road. Lol, and turning into the u-turn to church can be a screwed up for first timers coz out of nowhere there's like two lanes..haha. So, have to keep alert there.

When we reached the church, the gate was locked! So, we went to clarify stuff and apparently the drummer, Chandran, who had replaced me this Sunday had to go school and practice was shifted to the afternoon. There's was some miscommunication and this new message didn't go through. Lol, in the end, all three of us went to the McDonalds in Banting to makan and chit-chat before returning back to Nilai. Anyways, Chandran is a really good drummer, very composed and had good control in the volume.

Haha..then this morning, since word of mouth had spread that I had an automobile, Jason and Ben came to take the car too. It was very early morning at 7 and I just had 4 hrs of sleep after watching football on Saturday night. Lol, mama would have smack me for bringing a full load in the car under such conditions. But hey, everyone arrived safely for the two-way trip and I managed to keep a good concentration..haha. Since I'm not serving today, I had the chance to go makan Klang bak kut teh with the seniors in GFS. Wah, super shiok really and it's being a long time since I had that in the morning. Nilai bak kut teh just simply can't match up to that.

On a separate note, I managed to get both my criminal and ELS marks last week. Fortunately, I got 60 for my criminal law paper with some weird combi marks of 18,13,13 and 16. Next time must start very early to revise that paper liao. Apparently, last-minute rushing didn't work as well in that paper. The good results for ELS came as expected with me getting 72. Sometimes, I feel the nature of the class' preference in chit-chatting in Mandarin for an English-intensive course is a little unsettling. I kinda get worried that I end up being too complacent. You know the classic saying about the rules regarding areas where there's no competition..haha. I could end up not studying at all because of my complacency and then my grades drop instead because of my laziness and slackness. There's not a lot of people that I can turn to engage the discussion of the law, politics, gaming or stuff that I like in an advanced manner. The standards in Leeds are tough and I have to find methods to push my innate potential up. Sigh, forgive me for the rants, it just feels pretty frustrating at times working alone with my category of interests.

No comments: