Wednesday 14 January 2009

Sounds familiar

Today I read from thestar about a Subang Jaya girl studying in CHIJ scoring 10 A1s in the Singapore O Levels exam. See...that just proves my theory that Subang Jaya folks have some of the most brilliant brains in the whole of Malaysia. (ok, don't flame me if you're from other places..lol) Haha..the thing that caught my eye was that apparently, she actually told her teacher that she opted to continue studying in Malaysia (Taylor's) instead of going on to junior college. Ehhhh...look's like I'm not the only Malaysian making such choices ehh. It must have been shocking news to the whole island republic or her friends that the she wanna balik Malaysia instead. Lol, it could possibly that she don't wanna do Sg A' Levels Science which is already notorious for it's 100% stress, kiasu grinding and hardwork label. Hmmm..If it's A' Levels Arts, I would opt to stay for that and then consider doing my degree elsewhere..haha. Anyways, it's not confirmed but if she still sticks to her choice, I'll salute her for going down the road less travelled, just like I did.

There was a Leeds University briefing today and since I had already made up my mind to enrol there in the future (most probably), I went to attend it. The whole room was very crowded because it was made up of law and engineering students (haha..the vast difference between the two of them). Hmmm..I saw a couple of the senior law students there but I was the only one from my class attending it. From what I hear at the briefing, the place sounds awesome. It's 45 minutes away from Manchester, 1.5 hrs away from Liverpool and 2 hrs from London. Nice..I can imagine the amount of stadiums I can visit..wahahaha. Another thing is that the Law faculty's new building is only ready in late 2010, so for those Sem 6 going this year, they would have to bear with the little Victorian cottages..haha. The entry requirements are quite tough, A Levels minimum is BBB and a further average of B grades and IELTS 6.0. If A Levels requirement don't make it, it's a very slim chance to enter. At that point, it dawned upon me that I might be going through the same phase as before, which is always being the only odd one out who ends up drafting my life journey somewhere else from the rest. There's virtually nothing that I can entrench myself to. I need 'the constant' that will help me make some sense in this whole never-ending equation of flux. I don't think anyone in my class even fulfilled the A' Levels grade requirement (maybe there's one or two,but I'm not sure bout their results). Hmmm...I really hope I won't be the only one from my class going to Leeds.

Anyways, while I was walking to the briefing, my Apple earphones conked up on me. Ahhh..speaking of the quality of mass-produced earphones by cheap labour..lol. Seems that the somewhere among the wires, the connectors got loose and the result was the screwed up (but interesting) sound where only the instruments were heard but the voice went missing. In other words, one layer of audio was not connected through. Actually, if you wanna just wanna hear the instrumental part of the song, these pair of busted/spoilt earphones work great for the purpose...haha. I was kinda glad that the problem was not with the Nano and it was the earphone's problem after cross testing it with my very old Sennheiser earphones. Well, yet another defective device that needs to get repaired or replaced. Darn, all of these repair bills just had to come at the same time! Since my Nano is still under warranty, I'm sure a massive corporation like Apple will find it cheapo puny peanuts to replace me with another free earphone..haha.

No comments: