Thursday 27 November 2008

Lunchies on Thursdays

I met up with Shi Xian, my SJI buddy for lunch today at Orchard Road. Actually, we were planning to meet Christian, my good old SJI German class buddy on Friday night for an outing but he was not free on that day. So, I guess I will see him at around the Christmas period instead..haha. Anyways, I suggested Cafe Cartel for lunch coz they have a cool S$9.50 set lunch meal that comes with unlimited amounts of bread. The Thursday menu looks good with the salmon fillet but unfortunately it's all sold out. SO, I took instead the set B with the shredded pork baked rice. It's not too bad actually, at least better than any of the tomato filled dishes.

After makan, we went to the cinema to check out whether there's any nice movie on show there. Since we had all watched the Quantum Solace, there doesn't seem to be any well-known movies on show. Out of all them, Quarantine looks eye-catching because it has some zombie theme in it so we gave it a try. I only saw a short trailer of it on TV but it should be interesting. I'll post up a review of it after this entry..haha. As the movie is NC-16, the person at the counter ask us for an identification for our age. Ok, firstly, I didn't know that me and Shi Xian looked so young like secondary school kids. Anyways, Shi Xian just flashed out his green card and his safra card for discounts while I just flashed my Malaysian i/c to the bemused counter person..lol.

Since we got quite a lot of time after the movie, we went to check out HMV to see any interesting new music stuff that are out. There was this bunch of official rock band T-shirts that caught my eye but Muse isn't one of them..boo hoo!! Funnily, they had Green Day but it featured the Dookie artwork instead of the well-known American Idiot heart squeezing grenade. I went to this Apple retailer store at Cineleisure to see how much the three-pin independent charger for Ipod cost. Unfortunately, they ran out of stock for it. However, something caught my eye on the shelves. It seems that they do sell the Ipod earphones and those USB wires separately. The earphones cost a whopping S$55 and S$28 for the USB wire! So don't lose them! The earphone price was surprising considering it was complimentary in all Ipods. Okay, so if my earphones and wires cost S$83 in total, doesn't that mean my Ipod Nano is actually way cheaper than the projected price? I'll happily deduct 55 and use that to get a Sennheiser earphone instead..haha. At this time of financial meltdown, I just can't help myself in quoting prices in my entries. =p

No comments: