Sunday 16 November 2008

Ipod Nano Chromatic! =)

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala...

I've finally gotten my paws on my upgraded device! Yup, it's the 16GB Ipod Nano 4th Generation, Orange version coz the Oranje looks cool..hahaha. At first I went to Wheelock place to get it from one of the shops there which happens to be an Apple retailer. However, Orange seems to be the hot favourite for the 16GB and they've run out of stock for that. So, I ended up going to another of their branch at Suntec City to get the colour I wanted. It looks pretty neat, slim and it feels better on the hand as compared to the "fatty" 3rd generation. I've saved for a damn long time to come up with S$328 for this thing..hahaha. Well, it was a necessary upgrade to bring my music and drumming to the next level. =p One thing to note though is that this thingi requires a computer or lappie to recharge because they only package earphones and usb wire with it. I think there's an independent charger available but that means I have to spend extra money to get it. =( Apple sure knows how to maximise its profits..haha

With a new device, this meant that I also needed a new software to upload my songs. So, I went to download Itunes 8.1 from the Apple website and it's a very very long time since I used Itunes. I think the last time I used it was like 4 years ago or so? Even so at that time, I didn't have any Ipods or so and I was just using the programme to organise my music. Version 8.1 looks more advanced since then. Right now, the new chores I need to be obsessed on is getting the album artworks and editing the info on all my songs. Lol, indirectly, I'm gaining extra knowledge and information on the songs that I have but it is definitely not easy considering that I have a massive library.

Anyways, after two hours or so in tweaking and experimenting, I've finally able to attached the library at my external hard-drive instead of having iTunes latched onto my already depleted lappie hardrive resources. It's not that easy to operate Itunes as compared to the software that was provided by the Zen Creative Micro. The other thing I noticed about iTunes is something which answered my question on the dreaded task of reorganizing the library should I need to replace the Ipod as a result of the limited battery lifespan recharging. The thing about Itunes is that it also saves the information of the files other than the hardcopy of it. For Ipod, it's not really "uploading" but "synching" where with a push of a button, an Ipod will be loaded and "mirrored" exactly with all the information stored in the Itunes library that is crafted on your computer. It's pretty cool, cos from the abum arts to specific info of the song, it really feels like I'm building my own personal multimedia library! So, there's no need to worry if I need to change machines in the future coz the process might be slow now but in the future, it's just a matter of pushing a one-second button to sync all the info. Now, it's time to craft the ultimate rock music collection..wahahahaha. =p

3 comments:

joann lee said...

ahhhhh....just the colour i intended to buy. hahaha

Stan said...

lol..I was contemplating to get yellow at first but changed my mind afterthat coz yellow looks more prone to get smudged by dirt =p

soo jin said...

haha someone got a new ipod !! *envy*