Wednesday 8 October 2008

Tiring Day!

Wow..today was a hectic day. 4hrs of sleep only because of trying to tidy up my constitutional law thesis paper. It was particularly irritating cos I spent 1 hour last night just trying to navigate the lexis-nexis database (which seemed to be containing US sources and not UK sources) to get the proper reference information for a journal article. After legal skills class today, I went back to my room and have a nap and then went out at about 4 pm to help out to carry stuff for tonight's Christian Fellowship meeting. Gosh, for some reason or so, the lift is not working. So we ended up carrying the drums manually down through the stairs. Our usual room was booked for the SAM exams, so we used the large lecture theater for tonight's CF meeting instead.

Oh man, carrying the amps is real hard labour work. For those that attend CF, this is what goes on behind the scenes 2 hrs before the official meeting. It's all the logistics plus worship practice. I really salute Vincent Chan, Charles and Kelvin for regularly handling the stuff week after week. Practice today was good although I kinda had a dilemma whether to use my regular drum sticks or my special mezzo sticks. The regular sticks are useful for louder volume especially in such a big area but the default crash that comes with the Pearl drum sounds really irritatingly sharp with my regular sticks. It actually overpowered by beats. So, after one or two songs, I switched to my mezzo sticks which balances the beats out much better.

Well, today we had an activity involving carrying people around the campus. The "blind" will carry the "cripple" from one end to the other. Of course, I ended up carrying a passenger and I was already tired after logistics, drumming and lack of sleep. But in anycase, I managed to last the whole time but the gals really had a hard time. There's a purpose of the activity and I must say, I learn something nice from there. It's about fellowship and discipleship and yea, the point is that no Christian walk of life is solo as we are all interdependent on each other. The Christian life is not an easy one to live but we have our brothers and sisters to support each other in our times of difficulties. Everyone has an innate gifting/talent and we could all share it around to bless each other :)

Okay, I just find this hilarious and had to put it here =p. Eric changed his Facebook status to *ahem*, Facebook announces to all his friends automatically and then for the whole day, he got bombarded from all sections, even from Pastor Vic..hahaha..

No comments: