Friday 24 October 2008

Last Class for Semester 2

Today's the last class for semester 2 and on next week, there will be the mid-sessionals exams starting from Thursday 30th October. For starters, there's a tremendous amount of revision to do for the four core exam-based subjects. Since I'm half-listening in some of the lectures, I really need to brush up on those topics. For the past two days or so, I've started doing the revision but doing law revision is ain't easy at all unlike my A' Levels days with my History and English Literature exams (where it's quite fun sometimes to read and digest the concepts there). Law essays are not as fun to write as History or English Lit..haha. Darn, even loathsome Economics could not match up to the amount of complications and stuff to memorise PLUS understand in Law. AS/AD, Externalities, Keynes or C+I+G+(X-M) are much easier to remember eventhough I disliked them very much. For Law, you need to know the exact words of some statutes, case names and distinguish and attribute the words said by judges such as Lord Diplock, Lord Hailsham, Lord Bridge plus concepts put out by legal writers such as Ivor Jennings, the infamous Dicey and William Wade. It's a whole new set of names plus quotations to remember and they are SO many of them that I dunnoe which one of them actually gets inputed into my brain. They are very interesting concepts but you need to read countless amount of time before they can leave a mark in your brain. Even for seasoned veteran memory machines like me need to put in some effort like never before..hahahaha =p

The reading of judgments in the cases, as in the specific wordings of the judge himself is quite eye-opening. It's English but gosh, if I don't double focus my brain on what is being written, it sure sounds like German instead..haha. Among all the judges, I find the words by the famous Lord Denning to be the most comprehensible out of all the others because he tends to be quite poetic and eccentric at times..lol.

Anyways, the exam format is the same as all of my A' Levels Arts subjects, in that 4 essay questions are to be completed in 3 hrs. I'm definitely accustomed to the sensation of writing for 3hrs straight. However, this will be the first time I'll be writing something on law in an exam..haha. Hopefully I can cover my bases for all the subjects by the time next Thursday comes. =p

No comments: