Wednesday 29 October 2008

At this time of last year...

Let's do a flashback on what Stan was doing way back in 2007 at this time of the year. Yes, he's frantically preparing for his A' Levels exams and he could still remember that his first paper on Knowledge and Inquiry is on 1st November. All the note typings and reading, the guidebooks and textbooks. Other than doing well, there are a couple of other aims too : The desire to prove to "some people" wrong in that their teaching methods are really horrible. To prove that intelligence, understanding and creativity is way better than mugging blindly. To expose those fake sycophants that always get good results in JC exams when in fact they are of crappy quality. It was time to show what I was made of.

At that time, I already had in mind on the "twist" of my future plans. It was a radical plan and it lessens the pressure in a way. And at the same time, I just had butterflies in my stomach for my results in March this year in that I may get terribly disappointed in not achieving the aspired grades that I hope to get even though I only need to do the bare minimum to be successful in my radical plan. I would say to some extent "image/face-consciousness" did drive me to push my limits to the maximum and not compromise on the minimum. Not only that, the uncertainness of the future and that I may be proven wrong in my future plans are just intoxicating during that period. But nevertheless, I kept faith that God will make everything turn out the best as long as I do my best and commit the rest to Him.

Flashback to this year March, and the A' Level results were out. Pure joy that I had gotten double 'As' for my two favourite subjects, History and English Literature and a 'C' for Economics, a subject that I failed in every major test for the past 2 years. It was blessings from God, because I managed to achieved that for Econs without resorting to the expensive A' Levels tuition. To get the double 'As' for my two favourite subjects just doubly confirms of my gifting in writing. I'm really thankful to God for my achievements. It was more than sufficient to embark on the journey of my radical plan. And I'm contented to know that my results would have easily gotten me entrance into the National University of Singapore. But I chose not to do so. I felt that it was not my calling to be there. I just felt that my potential would be realised better in returning back to my homeland and the place where I grew up in Malaysia. (although some may say ironically..haha)

Right now at this moment, Stan is also frantically preparing for another exam, but it's a minor one..haha. It's the mid-sessionals exams for my law degree. Lol, so Stan would like to announce to his loyal readers (whoever that may be) that he will be taking a break for these few days from blogging while he frantically implants statutes and cases into his mind. =p Tonight's Premier League matches and the weekend matches reports and analysis will have to be pushed to Nov 3, which is the last day for my exams..haha. Meanwhile, while waiting, feel free to browse through my old stories and archives :)

May the good Lord bless me on these few days too :)

No comments: