Sunday 7 September 2008

Influencing the youth

Haha..great to be back in GFS Banting for church after a month away for semester break. Today, we had a visiting team from Johor Bahru. Pastor Kelvin did put up an interesting point in his sermon regarding people of influence on young people. It is not only friends that maketh the man, parents also maketh the child. It continues down the generation. Well, I'm just glad that I didn't inherit so much of the bad points from my papa. It was more of his positive points..haha. Of course, the most important model that all Christians should follow after is Christ himself.

People of influence include teachers also and I agree very much with that. If one happens to get across many bad teachers in his lifetime, it does have an impact on him. That's why a teacher's role is not only to teach academics, but also be a figure of inspiration to his/her students. Unfortunately, not many had this mindset when they set out on the teaching career. Anyways, I shall be looking forward to the reopening of CF. I'm supposed to mind the booth tomorrow for the exhibition..lol.

On a side note not relating to the stuff above, there seems to be a strange phenomena among the boys I know. It's almost like a mass hysteria of relationship problems affecting them. It ranges from my former secondary school friends and even Michael's friend is affected by it. And they are all emo-ing it in Facebook. One of my friends had it the worse. He "broke up" even before getting into a relationship. Not sure how that could happen in a logical way but he still felt the sting of "breaking up" like any other guy in a relationship. Sometimes the guy gets the blues too and not all guys walk away heartlessly at the point of "breaking up".

No comments: