Thursday 5 June 2008

Music stuff

A couple of days ago, in a moment of absent mindedness, I left my pencil case at the lecture theater where I had my Malaysian studies lessons. I really don't know how that could happen and I realised about that boo boo when I wanna start on my contract law tutorial. Fortunately, I could trace back my steps and discovered it below a chair, with its contents ransacked of course. Lol, I'm just thankful that I didn't lose the entire thing. My current G2 pen, a ruler and a stapler is gone but the rest of the stuff like my highlighter, a memento of my previous Eng Lit class and G2 refill is still there. Ahh, looks like I gotta be more careful with my stuff. Previously, I even left my ELS book at the moot court...zzzzz..

On last Tuesday, I had my first guitar class which is organised by Impac. It's easy to learn since they are only 4 people in the class..haha. One thing which made my day was that I finally learned how to play the B and F chord! I tried finding in chord books but I don't have a real human telling me how it's done. And on that day, the mystery is solved! Another interesting that I found out about the guitar is about scaling where I can actually play all the piano notes on the guitar. It's kinda fascinating and I guess that's where all the guitar solos come from.

Then yesterday, I was invited by CF to play drums for the worship team. I must say this was a personal record time of practicing for 1.5hrs and jumping straight into performance mode. The previous one held was 1 week of practice with Jordan back in 2006. Well, I did the best I could and hoped that it turned out well..(fingers crossed..haha). From the feedback I get, it was generally positive lar..lol. So, thank you God for the guidance during worship session :)

Anyways, I still need to improve on my high-hats and come up with some creative beats other than the typical monotonous 16 beat taps. And for guitar class, it is definitely very convenient and useful if I had my beloved guitar with me but as of right now, it's stashed away in Taiping! Oh man, it's gonna be tough to find a time to go back..and it looks like I have to borrow one from someone in the university..haha.

No comments: