Saturday 3 May 2008

Orientation Day 1 & 2

I'm finally connected to the net from my university hostel! Haha, the previous 3 days of orientation were kinda fun and tiring at times. On the 29th, I took a bus to Seremban since it's nearer to Nilai than KL. It's my first time at Seremban but I managed to get a taxi to the KTM station. From there I go to the familiar route to Nilai KTM and then to Inti-UC. When I reach my hostel room, I was totally exhausted from carrying the heavy load of electronics. So, stayed overnight and then went to the enrollment hall in the morning at 11pm.

I collected the invoice paper and timetable from the law department office. Apparently, there's some problem with my admission letter since the A' levels results slip that I provide during registration was not as "valid" as the original certificate. There was an insistence on the original cert as I'm told that the A' Level students in Malaysia have received their original certificate. Well, that ain't really my problem because the Singapore MOE is still taking their time to print out the original certs. So, my unconditional admission becomes "conditional" now.

It was nice for the law office to introduce me to one of my classmates, Michael. So, in that way, I wasn't alone in orientation on the first day (yay!). At around 5pm, we were divided into a few groups and had some ice breaking session. It's interesting because my facilitator is an African from Nigeria. Lol, I asked him who is his favourite Nigerian football player and he said it's Jay Jay Okocha. At night there was some crazy newspaper fashion show and I was unfortunately picked as the male model to wear newspapers. Some fella from the group will have to explain what the outfit is and then the male and female model have to do some catwalk. I was glad to be able to pass through the catwalk and to my surprise, my group was declared the runner up for that event.

The next day was a public holiday and student council booked 3 buses to bring students to Jusco in Seremban 2 for a shopping trip. While waiting for the bus, Michael and me made another two new friends, Veida and Wei Jie. At Seremban 2 mall, we were given all the way to 5 o'clock to do what we want. To pass the time, the 4 of us makan and then went to watch movie. We wanted to watch Iron Man but then all the early shows were booked. In the end, we picked a ghost movie, Muoi, which is like a kinda weird combination and co-production between Koreans and Vietnamese. It's the first time I heard of a movie fusion of Koreans and Vietnamese together. The Korean babes in it were hot nevertheless..lol. We walked around aimlessly for about 1 hr before heading back to the bus. Anyways, I manage to get a pillow at Jusco and this means no more sleeping without a head rest!

Afterthat the bus took us to Putra Jaya to have a look at the place and I must say it's really impressive with all the govt buildings there. I get to see the Palace of Justice in front of me for the first time! The road leading to the Prime Minister office emits some form of grandeur aura and it reminds me of the European counterparts of the Brandenburg gate in Germany and the Arc de Triomphe in France. We stopped at Alamanda to have dinner and reached back at the hostel bout 10.30+ pm.

No comments: