Friday 25 April 2008

A tribute of thanks

Before I officially begin the next chapter of my life, I would kinda like to write something to thank the people who have impacted my life in the previous chapter.

Starting from my days in SJI,

- Shi Xian for being a great friend, lower secondary classmate and hangout buddy.. (Josephian, 1E3 and 203 classmate) - you introduced me to GTA and Hitman! lol
- Christian for the 4 years as comrades to German class..Lol..miss the times in trying to flip coins to decide whether to go for class and hiding in Macdonalds (Josephian, 3rd Language classmate)
- Ravan and Jerry, though from other schools, but are part of the anti-elite gang in German class (3rd Language classmate)
- Linton for being my good buddy during NCC training and going through some of the shitty moments (CCA partmate)
- Poah Sin as the computer whizkid who help me to solve my computer problems, a great friend to hang out with and co-member in the anti-Ah Miang party (Josephian, 1E3 and 203 classmate)
- Jordan for bringing me in to the stage of rock band performance and music studio jamming (Josephian)
- Ahmad Sufian, Taufiq and Nabeel for the times in higher Malay class playing pranks on Cikgu Fauziah and remaining critically steadfast suspicious of the horde of Indonesian scholars that appeared suddenly in Sec 3
- Mr. Sydney Tan for the interesting and hilarious Lower Sec history lessons and thanks also for having faith in me and giving me the chance to study History 2158
- My SJI History 2158 teacher, Ms. Lee Siew Lian for the wonderful History knowledge that she has passed on to me - The SJI history notes remain so relevant and vital to me even up to my A Levels.
- Brother Jason for his mind-blowing English lessons, black humour and the infamous hell week..lol

- my church friends - Rachel and Christabel for the long-time companionship and growing up together
- Daniel Wee for teaching me and imparting me the knowledge of drums
- Uncle See Cher and Aunty Gwat Eng for providing my family a place to stay
- Aunty Lita for taking care of me in my younger years
- Pastor Joseph for his inspiring Youth group leadership and I learnt really alot from him during the missions trip to Thailand in 2004

- now on to NYJC - my good old gang - Tai Guan, Sandeep, Sharavanan and Matilda for the times we stick together against the absurdities that occur frequently in our JC life and also for the hanging out moments. Life was definitely less shitty around Serangoon with you guys around
- Ms. Kwok and Mrs. Teo for being wonderful English Literature teachers with such a zest for fun learning and not conforming to typical result-oriented mobs. I've seen plenty of Literature teachers who ironically could teach the subject as if it were Maths or Science. But I must say that both of my literature teachers here are really the epitome in innovative teaching and English Lit. Thanks for the life lessons that are learnt on the way, the opportunity that I had to taste theatre works and the fantastic experiences that are gained very often from outside academia. And the cozy Lit classroom with cushions and bean bags would always remain in my memories.
- Mr. Mao for his excellent guidance in Southeast Asia history. Although I may disagree with some of his methods as class tutor, his knowledge and teaching style in History is possibly one of the best I've came across. I've learnt alot from him, especially in the more advanced aspects of History. He instilled into me the interest of modern Southeast Asian history and made learning about long Thai names and messy Burmese eras into a breeze. Now, I'm a lot more appreciative of the history in my region and could see many research potentials that could be tapped in.

Well, a big THANK YOU once more to all the ones in the list above for making a BIG difference in my life and playing the major role in my life journey. They are significant individuals that had impacted my life and molded the very person I am today. God bless ya.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;

They have their exits and their entrances;

And one man in his time plays many parts


William Shakespeare

No comments: