Thursday 17 April 2008

19 years old

Well, it's the last year where I have a "one" in front of my age. I wanna thank my friends who remembered me on my special day :) Time really flies, as I reflect back on the various sort of situations that I have been in at every stage of my life. I'm 19 now and I'm heading into unchartered waters once again.

I don't know whether to classify my life journey so far as nomadic since every single change that comes along every year tends to be a major one. Major in the sense that it always require some form of overhaul of mentality and where I'm bound to lose at least a substantial amount of things I'm familiar with. I lost count the number of times I press the "restart" button in my life. I don't fancy changes but the frequency in which I'm swept by it makes me immune to it. And yet with every loss comes along another batch of gain. Some of these gains will stay eternally while others would just be swept away by the changing cycle or the torrent of time. Nevertheless these changes add colours of surprises to an otherwise mundane life.

I have to say right now I'm undergoing through the most exciting period of my life so far. I get this tingling sensation of awe and wonder by just thinking on the amount of possibilities that lie ahead of me. In any case, it just feels liberating to be out of "the system" and to know that I no longer need to trudge through the walls of comformity.

At the start of the junction, I wait in anticipation and curiosity at what life has to offer.

No comments: