Thursday 6 March 2008

The moment is here

Rawr! I'm currently back at Singapore to wait for the dreaded A' Levels results that would be released tomorrow. I took a night bus from Taiping yesterday night and reached this morning. The bus was quite fast and I'm already at the Singapore checkpoint by 6.10 am. There's a massive long queue at the checkpoint since everyone is rushing for work and school but I'm pleased that it's cleared within like 15-20 min or so. By the time I reached home, my mama and bro were preparing for school already. I kinda lazed around in my room before going to the hairstylist for a hair cut and a fresh coat of hair dye.

This is probably getting into me but..ARGHH!, it's the darn RESULTS tomorrow! Every moment that ticks by makes me sweat. And the Newpaper had to report about Knowledge and Inquiry (KI) as a subject that is unrecognised by some of the UK universities, particularly like London School of Economics. Basically, it's a subtle hint that the so-called "elite" bunch that went through an entrance test to do the subject is skrewed for university admission. Well, I think it's not only UK universities, but many others too if the Singapore MOE has been poor in the efforts in promoting the subject. This means that poor Stan here is also skrewed too because he took the subject to avoid taking Maths.

Nevertheless, like the two fellas in the paper that is recounting their experiences, I never regretted the decision in taking KI. I really learned a lot, being more aware of the hidden complicated mechanics that formulate our world and opened up to new dimensions and areas that I really never thought about. There were many thought-provoking and mind-wobbling stuff that I learned which makes me go really "wow!". Despite having one of teachers being totally off-duty from teaching, the subject is quite manageable with personal exploration. So, no matter what happens tomorrow, if given the same choices, I'll still do KI again.

The wait ends at 2.30 pm..

No comments: