Sunday 23 March 2008

Easter Sunday

Yesterday's youth meeting message about faith by Pastor Dabir was quite enlightning. I find that what he said about it is very accurate, "Faith does not go against reason but beyond reason." And Aunty Lai Ping sums it up well ,"Faith continues the journey that reason has started". There are some things in this world that could not just be explained using the mere boundaries that is set by the physical world.

Several of the STPM takers like Cassim and Jireh were missing from the meeting cos they have gone to KL for their university application. But Daniel is there though and I presumed he has handled everything already.

Today was Easter Sunday with a pastor from India. I must say he definitely has a very good speech command although his sermon points tended to be disorganized at times. Hmm..it seems that Easter is kinda low-key in Taiping as compared to Singapore where they have special items put up on that particular Sunday. Nevertheless, it is important to remember the gift of life that the Lord has bestowed upon mankind on this special day where Jesus has conquered over death.

Anyways, after service, I headed back home cos I declined to follow the old folks to Cameron Highlands. Even if they were going to Penang, I wouldn't follow given the "terrifying" and "bored-to-death" experience that I had with them for the past 2 months. In my opinion, any Sunday trips that do not end up in my Aunt Siu's place is a waste of time because of the bizarre habit of the old man to go to some ulu and ridiculous places. I find myself learning nothing at all and getting agitated in the process.

So, with the extra time alone, I cleared up all those rusty tin cans and pails in my room that they use in their overreaction to accumulate the rain water. Ahh, I really have to throw those rusty tins away and start reducing the amount of rubbish in the house. I dunnoe why, but they really love to retain so many junk which could potentially be health hazards. Hopefully by tommorow, I could shift back the furniture too.

No comments: